Oldies.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith Tapscott.
Hero

United Kingdom
730 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2007 :  17:45:30  Show Profile  Visit Keith Tapscott.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here`s some old products from the past. The 35mm Monorail camera in the old Ilford cameras section is a curious oddity.

http://website.lineone.net/~mauricefisher/index.html

rbarker

USA
3364 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2007 :  22:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the K1 Monobar 35mm view is an interesting camera.

I think I still prefer 4x5 or 8x10, however.

Ralph Barker
Go to Top of Page

Keith Tapscott.
Hero

United Kingdom
730 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2007 :  11:55:29  Show Profile  Visit Keith Tapscott.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rbarker

Yes, the K1 Monobar 35mm view is an interesting camera.

I think I still prefer 4x5 or 8x10, however.

Ralph Barker

I wonder how many of these still exist?
Go to Top of Page

rbarker

USA
3364 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2007 :  14:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have one, so they must be pretty rare.

Ralph Barker
Go to Top of Page

H. Lynn Jones
Needs a life...

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  19:56:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Keith et al,

There were two Kennedy Monobar cameras (made in England) and the last I heard (probably 35 years ago or more), they stayed in the hands of the designer/maker. I had one in my hands at one time because the US importer/distributor was trying to create a market for them.

This camera was a 35mm hand cut to size, fully featured monorail camera. It was pretty heavy due to the quality of the device. When the Calumet sold for $89.95, the Cambo at $125, and the Sinar at about $400, the Kennedy Monobar was slated to sell for a bit over $1,250!

I may be the last living person to have ever used this camera, the maker wanted us to consider this for sale in our Calumet catalog in the 1960's.

As a former medical and scientific photographer, I truly wanted to love this camera, however, reason took over for me.

Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Keith Tapscott.
Hero

United Kingdom
730 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2007 :  17:27:30  Show Profile  Visit Keith Tapscott.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by H. Lynn Jones

Hi Keith et al,

This camera was a 35mm hand cut to size, fully featured monorail camera. It was pretty heavy due to the quality of the device. When the Calumet sold for $89.95, the Cambo at $125, and the Sinar at about $400, the Kennedy Monobar was slated to sell for a bit over $1,250!

As a former medical and scientific photographer, I truly wanted to love this camera, however, reason took over for me.

Lynn

At that price, no wonder.
Go to Top of Page

IlfordAndy

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  13:39:42  Show Profile  Visit IlfordAndy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Is anyone interested in buying a Kennedy Instruments Monobar? I have several in various states of completeness.
Andy
Go to Top of Page

downix
Regular Visitor

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  14:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends on the price. For the right price I'd be interested in almost anything.
Go to Top of Page

H. Lynn Jones
Needs a life...

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  17:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In retrospect and as regards such terms as "oldies", some of we seniors might be sensitive to that, perhaps "experienced" or such like.

Lynn
Go to Top of Page

rbarker

USA
3364 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  17:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe the politically-correct term is "chronologically enriched".

Unfortunately, the "enrichment" has had no effect on my bank account.

Ralph Barker
Go to Top of Page

H. Lynn Jones
Needs a life...

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2008 :  20:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK Ralph,

Today I am chronologically enriched, the 15th of April at 2:30 PM I turn 77, and I'm in my 61st year in photography for money (yes from age 16).

Lynn

Edited by - H. Lynn Jones on 15/04/2008 20:16:44
Go to Top of Page

rbarker

USA
3364 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2008 :  22:03:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, happy birthday, Lynn. May you be further enriched for many years to come.

I would also note that many here have benefited from your intellectual enrichment, as well.

Ralph Barker
Go to Top of Page

daveblaw
Needs a life...

185 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2008 :  01:02:25  Show Profile  Visit daveblaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I second the motion.

This forum is very fortunate to have Lynn as a contributor, because of his encyclopaedic knowledge of photography, and his unselfish kindness in sharing that knowledge.

Lynn, may your health be good, your purse be full, and your heart be light.

And may you have many, many years of Good Shooting.

/s/ David

Memories Preserved Photography, LLC
"making tomorrow's memories by capturing today's happiness" (R)
photo@worldnetoh.com
Go to Top of Page

murrayatuptowngallery

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  05:44:26  Show Profile  Visit murrayatuptowngallery's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Keith et al,

There were two Kennedy Monobar cameras (made in England) and the last I heard (probably 35 years ago or more), they stayed in the hands of the designer/maker. I had one in my hands at one time because the US importer/distributor was trying to create a market for them.

I may be the last living person to have ever used this camera, the maker wanted us to consider this for sale in our Calumet catalog in the 1960's.

Lynn

Murray
Go to Top of Page

murrayatuptowngallery

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  05:45:43  Show Profile  Visit murrayatuptowngallery's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Keith et al,

Lynn

Murray
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Forum © ILFORD Photo 2006 Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000